Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Walkin in Memphis~

I am just not real good at keeping up to date with this blog with everything I have had going on. But there are just some things that I have to report. Friday morning Charlene, Me, Jake, Zach and Brandon are pulling out of here at about 7 a.m. heading to Memphis TN! We entered the St. Jude Marathon and before you all start getting all impressed, we are WALKING in Memphis...not running. Don't think I got it in me to run anywhere...LOL Anyway, we are members of Team Jake and we have been raising money for a couple of months now for St. Jude. Let's just say we met our goals and then some!! Not bad for our first year being full fledged members of Team Jake. But, its still not enough. We have work to do everyone! Childhood cancer is killing children everyday and that is just not acceptable to me! Far as I am concerned, this year is just the beginning of many years to come for the Homer Kids of Team Jake to help raise money for St. Jude! Please keep us in your prayers for our trip up there to be a safe one and for everyone that is participating in this marathon to receive a blessing of a lifetime! Charlene has done an excellent job on her blog of telling everyone about our fundraising efforts and I would suggest going to her page and reading about it and taking a look at the pictures she posted there. I can't read it without crying. I can't look at the picture of Jake Raborn without crying. So get your tissues ready and read...and then next year when we start our fundraising efforts again...join us....donate with us...join our team...do whatever you can to help this great cause, because I promise you will be blessed more than you could ever imagine!
Thank you to everyone that donated to us this year!!! Words can't express how much we all appreciate you! Until next time...~Melissa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the wonderful road trip. This is surely going to be our yearly trip together. I already have the first weekend in December 2009 marked. Now you need to add to your next blog post that we actually DID run some. You know we still got it.lol