Friday, January 16, 2009

Jeremy's Graduation

I know this is a bit late, but I am really behind and maybe this will get me caught up a little. Last May, our oldest, Jeremy graduated from Homer High School. That in itself is no less than a miracle and worth blogging about!
See what happy parents look like? I may be smiling now, but when he started down that aisle, I was crying like a baby! They were happy tears..that he was graduating...and sad tears that my baby was growing up way too fast!!!
Here he is coming down the aisle with the cedar rope ....we didn't have one of those at Summerfield where I graduated from, but this is a long standing tradition at Homer. The Sr.'s pass this rope on to the Jr. class!



Here is what we waited 13 LONG LONG years for! It was kinda ironic. His Sr. year he spent 1/2 a day working in the office....where he has spent most of his school days in trouble for one reason or another. You know he apologized to Keith and I after filing Sr. folders all day and seeing that his was 4 times thicker than all the other students he began to read his history...and said he really didn't know what kept us from killing him in 6th grade....we wondered about this too! MANY MANY TIMES! :-)

We had a party for him after graduation...at Mamaw Mary's house....see why he got in so much trouble at school....WHAT A CLOWN!


Jeremy with Mamaw Mary...not sure which one is more proud! He loves her more than (in his own words) a fat kid loves cake!



This is the collage that we made of the different stages of Jeremy....from the sweet little boy that could light up a room with his smile and clear blue eyes...to the mischievious kid that used to hide behind all the doors EVERY morning and scare the pee right out of me...to the grown man (well in age anyway) that he has become. Yes, I cried putting this together too...Mamaw helped me with all these pictures!




And here is my handsome boy...who knew he would grow into such a good looking man...I DID!!!
:-) All graduated and out on his own...now I have a whole new set of worries besides bad grades and principle office visits!


My Very Handsome Son Jeremy Keith Smith!!!

No comments: