Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Claiborne Parish Christmas Festival 2008

I guess you blog about things that are currently going on...so the thing that is happening right now that is taking up the most of my time is the 2008 Claiborne Parish Christmas Festival. Since I am chairman again this year, I have been working with my committee getting things ready for another festival. It will be held around the courthouse on November 29th from 9 a.m. till 5 p.m. We are starting the day off with the 3rd Annual Hills of Homer 5K run that will start at 8 a.m. There will be many food and craft vendors set up around the square in Homer. We will have free buggy rides until noon at which time line-up for our parade will begin at Homer High School. The parade begins at 1 p.m. and will wind from the High School up to and around the square. There will be various local artist performing all day long. At 3 p.m. Monty Russell and the Hardcore Troubadours will be performing for our street dance. We still have many available spaces for booths and if anyone is interested please give me a call at 318-927-2046 X208. Anyone interested in participating in the parade that day should also call me for information.
We are looking forward to a great festival this year and would love for everyone to attend!

1 comment:

Shelley Malsam said...

Monty has a great band! I think they will be a hit!