Saturday, March 21, 2009

Brandon's Pitching Debut~

This weekend was the Summerfield Baseball Tournament. We started out Thursday afternoon beating Bernice 15 - 0. Friday night we played Quitman and lost 11 - 7. We were down 9 - 3 when the coach decided to let Brandon pinch hit for another player. The bases were loaded and Brandon got a triple. Charlene made a video and posted it on her Facebook page. You should go check it out, but I warn you....turn down your speakers cause all you can hear is this Mama screaming!!! Not sure who she could be.....but she sure is LOUD!!! Saturday morning, Bernice was supposed to play Shongaloo.....Bernice didn't show so Coach Scriber decided to let our boys play them and told Brandon he was gonna pitch....I was nervous..not sure about Brandon, but he did pretty darn good for his first time to pitch. The picture above is Coach Scriber lining the boys out on where he wanted them to play!!



This is Brandon getting ready to pitch....he really looks like he is praying in this picture...I know I was!!!

And....here he is starting his wind up!



And then releasing the ball!!!!




Check out that face!!!! That's his MEAN face...LOL!!!! NOT!!!! Anyway, Summerfield got third in the tournament tonite after playing Homer. The final game between Quitman and Sarepta was still being played when we left! It was an exciting tournament and I look forward to the next few years sitting in those stands watching Brandon aka BRANFLAKES...playing some b-ball and pitching many more games....can you tell I am just a little proud of my boy????

3 comments:

Mary Smith said...

His Mamaw is proud of that boy also.I look forwasr to watching a lot more also, maybe I can get into the stands without falling down again.Love Mamaw

Unknown said...

How exciting!!! It all changes when they start to pitch!! Sounds like he did great. I'll have to check out the video on Charlene's site. Nothing better than watching our boys play ball. These ARE the good ole days!!

Unknown said...

And..I LOVE this "cutest blog on the block" thing. I've been looking at their website. I definitely want to hear more about that. ttyl